Thursday, January 20, 2011

Amy's Nails

So, if you knew me, you would know that this would be totally weird.

I was watching the 11th Doctor episodes "The Time of Angels" and "Flesh and Stone" and I noticed Amy Pond's nails. I absolutely LOVED the color, that purple-grey, almost matte-like, color?


Aren't they pretty? I just had to know what it was so I could get it. I went on a hunt to find the brand and name. I came across many answers, some closer than others.

Barielle Shades - Passion Pirouette


I actually laughed out loud when I saw this! It is so far from the actual color! So then I looked up the next option.

Chanel Le Vernis Nail Color - Lilac Sky 210


WAY too pink. Lol. Then I went to OPI.

OPI Nail Lacquer - Metro Chic



Too grey/brown, but I still really like that color too.

OPI Nail Lacquer - Call Your Mother



Just a tad too pink again. And then, I found it. *Trumpets sound*

OPI Nail Lacquer - Parlez-Vous OPI?



TA-DAH! Oh, this just HAS to be it. Lol. I love it, and can't wait to buy it! So for all you Amy Pond fans out there, here ya go (: If you disagree with my choice and think there is a better option, lemme know! I'd love to check it out! And of course Karen Gillan wears lots of different colors when playing her role as Amy Pond, so definately lemme know if you figure out the other colors as well, and I will post them on here!
 So if you're still trying figure out why this is weird for me (doubt you were, but oh well) its because I totally destroy my nails. I bite them, rip them, cut them, etc. And I can Never wear nail polish without picking it off within the first day. But I hope to get some fake nails soon, and I will have them paint my nails this color (: And if I can't get them soon, I atleast want to get them done for prom!

Love Always,
Doctor Donna <3



4 comments:

  1. I like Purple!
    www.PurpleMonkeyPromos.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! This looks perfect. I just bought some OPI "Give Me The Moon!" going for this colour, but it's not matte enough. Bah. I should have done my research first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found some! Thank you, small Toronto nail salons, for not updating their stock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got some gray-ish purple polish just because of these episodes!! I bought a bottle of Sally Hansen in Greige Gardens and I absolutely love it!!! It might be totally perfect with some matte topcoat too, but I like it shiny.

    ReplyDelete